Thursday, June 14, 2007

Haifa Girl



I had another dream.

I was wearing horn-rimmed glasses.
I felt very good about the shapes I was presenting to the world.

I pointed at a bird and identified it as a pileated woodpecker.
A jerk laughed and said it was a seagull. When I lowered my head and looked over the tops of my horn-rimmed glasses at the sky, sure enough, it was a seagull and not a pileated woodpecker.

I began to question my sanity and I thought taking off the glasses might help.
As soon as I thought about taking off the glasses I woke to the sound of an amazing windstorm outside that turned out to be a very large truck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Picturing you in horn-rimmed glasses made me picture you dressed like a laadyy.

Also, I had a dream last night that I woke up and went outside to find that there was a foot of snow covering the ground (when it was supposed to be summer). I was horrified. I guess I'm winter-phobic?